10 Things I Wasn’t Expecting
Today is my birthday. I’m still loving birthdays. I hope that never changes. I don’t want to spend too much time writing today, away from my family. So here are 10 things that have entered my life in the past year, that I wasn’t expecting, but am so thankful for. In no particular order:
1. Twin baby nieces.
2. One honorary niece.
3. One puppy, June Carter.
4. Closer proximity to my parents, friends and family (a tradeoff with farther proximity from others, though).
5. The extensive use of Skype and Facetime for no. 4.
6. One engagement (mine).
7. An intimate knowledge of the odd behavior of one flock of canadian geese (who live on the farm we moved to from Brooklyn).
8. One farm.
9. The sound of bullfrogs (creepy unless you know what you’re listening to).
10. One washer-dryer (During all my years in New York, I NEVER thought I’d live anywhere with a washer-dryer).